Sunday, September 14, 2014

Iowa Hawkeyes Football

Okay…I'm just going to say it.

Is it time for Kirk Ferentz to go?

Yes, I sat down yesterday afternoon for my annual viewing of the Iowa- Iowa State football game. I attended both schools so I can be happy whoever wins. Still, I have to admit to jumping on the Hawkeye bandwagon.

It was a delightful midwestern fall day and I was ready to watch a good game. So you can imagine my dismay when I was treated to yet another poorly coached game. I'm not talking about the kicker cooling time out at the end of the game.

Seems to me over the past 2-3 years, the Hawks have had some poor leadership. I know, Kirk Ferentz seems like a good guy-  Hayden Fry protege. He loves Iowa City, wants to stay. Well, who doesn't?

I, like all Hawkeye fans, am loyal to my guys. I've rooted for Ferentz and the Hawks all these years. Yes, there's been some good years, some great years. But also some mediocre years and bad years.

This year, the Iowa Hawkeyes were thought to be contenders for the Big 10 championship, and they can barely beat UNI and Ball State. They lose a game to the Cyclones that they should have won.

I don't know. It pains me to say it. But maybe, just maybe Ferentz should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment