Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve and there are tons of holiday related movies to watch: It's a Wonderful Life, The Christmas Story, Holiday Inn, White Christmas.

I'm watching Field of Dreams. It's one of my favorite movies and maybe it has more to say about the human spirit than any feel good holiday movie. It's about family, faith, regret, redemption, love. And baseball.

If you build it, he will come.

Go the distance.

Ease his pain.

Field of Dreams is also about making dreams come true.

Moonlight Graham. He's a doctor who played some minor league ball in his youth. He made it to the show, but no at bats.

Kevin Costner travels back in time to interview Burt Lancaster, asks Moonlight Graham what his biggest regret is. How it would kill some men to come that close and never realize their dream.

It's at that moment that Burt Lancaster utters what is my favorite movie quote of all time: "You know- we just don't recognize the most significant times in our lives when they're happening. Back then I thought that ,well, there'll be other days."

In 2016 I'm going to try and recognize the moments in my life that may have a huge impact. And I'm not going to let them slip by.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

And remember:

If you build it, they will come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment