Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A real author?

Hey everyone!

So, a few weeks ago I signed a contract with Camel Press for my manuscript Bygones. I've tried not to get too excited about it. Even though I have a signed contract, there's a long way to go. Anything could happen, so I've tried not to get too excited.

Still, I have a signed contract for my novel Bygones!!!

I know I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm totally up for it. It's been a long time coming. Like countless struggling writers out there, I've spent hours and hours and hours researching and querying agents and publishers. I held my breath when I got a response, equally dreading and anticipating the answer. It was rejection after rejection after…well, you get the idea.

My first novel, At Second Sight, was a long journey. Ten years of writing, re-writing, editing, re-writing some more, querying, rejection, some interest and then more editing before rejection. It was my baby, a labor of love. How could absolutely no one out there share my passion for the story?

But no one did. I consoled myself with stories about now famous authors being rejected on their initial attempts. I knew I was one of hundreds of thousands of writers out there who felt the same way.

So I put it away. I worked on other things. But it never left me. I knew it was a good story. There had to be an audience out there for it.

Hello Kindle. Hello Nook.

It was terrifying but I did it. Even though no agent or publisher thought it was worth anything, I put it out there. It's not a best seller, but from what I've heard, it's sold more copies than most books that have been self-published. I consider it a success. The fact that I just sat down and did it, wrote a novel, was a success. But it's nice that some people have read and appreciated my story.

So check it out! At Second Sight is available for Kindle and Nook. If you read it, please leave a review.

But hey! I just signed a contract for my novel Bygones!

Hopefully it'll be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment