Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams

I was as shocked as everyone else to hear the sad news about Robin Williams.

Like most people, my introduction to him was "Mork and Mindy". I watched every episode and it was funny. Good entertainment. Robin Williams was funny for sure.

But I've always liked his more dramatic work. It started with "The World According to Garp". A great movie based on an even greater book.

Then there was "Dead Poet's Society" and "Good Will Hunting". Awesome movies, both of them. Great performance by Robin Williams in both films.

It may not be the most popular or critically acclaimed of Williams' films, but I have to say my personal favorite is "The Birdcage". I know. It was originally a French musical, remade into an American stage musical, made into a movie. I loved all the performances in the film, but I thought that Robin Williams was the best. Funny, touching, dramatic. He was perfect.

What's your favorite Robin Williams performance?

No comments:

Post a Comment