Sunday, June 28, 2015

Good to be an American

It's been an interesting week.

After that despicable act of evil in a church in Charleston, at least some people are starting to wake up. I'm a Yankee but I understand that there are still some lingering southern hostilities.

We have to let them go. We are the United States of America and we can have only one flag. I know a few people from the south and they are proud proud proud to be southern. They should be. I have no problem with that. But the Confederate flag has to come down. It's a symbol of something sinister and should have nothing to do with southern pride.

It's starting to happen. Even Nascar is banning the Confederate flag. That can't be anything but good.

Also, the supreme court has made some bold decisions.

Upholding Obamacare? I don't know. I work in health care and I still don't understand all the ramifications. But those with Obamacare seem happy with it. To me, it appears the U.S. is finally catching up with other industrialized countries in regard to medical care.

Last but not least, there's the same sex marriage ruling. Finally. It was something that made sense, was so reasonable. Allowing people to live their lives the way they want in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I follow several folks on twitter who are from foreign lands. Seeing them tweet a photo of the White House in rainbow colors and applauding America, well, it gave me a warm feeling inside.

Now it's a good time to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment