Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's All in How You Sound

I joined Netflix this year.

I know I'm way late to the party but I finally made it. I never thought I'd be interested. My satellite package already includes about a thousand channels that I don't watch. I have every available premium movie channel and I rarely watch any of them. Why would I want to pay even more money to have even more programming that I wouldn't watch?

Here's the thing: I LOVED watching The Killing on AMC. When I found out Netflix was going to be showing a final 6 episode arc for the show I had to see it. They have this really great special deal. One month free. So I signed up to watch the rest of the series. And it was awesome. The best, I think, of the entire series.

So just cancel then, right?

Not so much. See, I missed the whole Breaking Bad thing when it was happening. It didn't seem like something that would appeal to me. But hey-I still have a few free weeks. Why not check it out and see what all the fuss is about?

And it was awesome. I watched all 6 seasons in no time. Then there was the new Arrested Development episodes. House of Cards. And more.

Now it's a year later and I still have Netflix. It's a really good deal, not even that expensive.

So my nephew tells me about this BBC series that's kinda like The Killing. It's called Broadchurch. It was awesome. And I think it was even more awesome because of the British accent. It was so much better, smarter, more interesting than American shows.

Then there was The Fall, Hinterland. Even Black Mirror- another show my nephew told me about. It was a show with such an absurd premise that only a British accent could make it seem plausible.

It's all in how you sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment